Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 9 - Greenie Gringa




Hola!

Yes I am indeed alive and still keeping it all kinds of classy here in a foreign country. Ohhhhh where to begin! I have so much to say and so little time!

First OFF! CONGRATULATIONS TO ASHLEY!!! I had a dream a couple of months ago about her being among asian people and I told her about it. So BAM! My dream came true!! That is awesome she is going to do great!

Brett I am glad you are in Ecuador and eating well.

Ok So Panama! AKA a place where I was meant to be, is like a dream come true for me. I was in Panama City for three days and it is amazing. Skyscrapers galore!!!! I was like o my heavens. It is huge and right by the Pacific Ocean which is full of boats. We went to the Temple and believe me, it is amazing. I seriously love it with all my heart. It's in the jungle. I saw a monkey run across the road and I was whoa, that is random.

I took a ton of pictures, but unfortunately since I have an XD memory card, I can't ever send pictures so you most likely won't see any pictures unless I print them off and send them. All the computers here only take SD cards. BLAST IT ALL!!!

I have seen the Panama Canal and believe me it is breathtaking. I was freaking out. I hope I get to explore more of it sometime while I am here.

So the area I have been assigend to is SANTIAGO! Which is 4 hours south west from the city. It's a rural poor poor place. People live in little tiny concrete houses. No washers here, no stoves, no microwaves, nada. Which is how I like it. I seriously haven't gone through any culture shock yet. I walk down the streets where chickens are everywhere, dogs barking, people half naked sitting in their hamock just enjoying life. It is quite interesting. I love love love the people here. They are my kind of people. They are so nice and friendly. They hardly wear a thing because for one it is sooo blasted hot here. Just big t-shirts like I use to do and they are wallerers. He He.

We have two sisters getting baptized next month and I love them. They talk sooooo fast. I can't understand hardly any spanish here and I found out that every bit of spanish I learned doesn't apply here so I am basically starting from scratch. Which is fine. I just like to listen and learn. It will all go well. I am not even worried about it. I have a latin companion and I can't understand a word. So I act out what I want to say.

It is hotter than hades here and rains like you wouldn't believe. It was so crazy yesterday. I was drenched. I was walking in some pretty deep water it was crazy. I love it! The food here is amazing. But hardly any of it. So I am starving, but it's good because the pounds are dropping. OOOO so I am rethinking about the dressing like a nun thing. Because the men here are crazy. I am kinda wondering if I should dress down. Well there is no point in putting on makeup anyway. It melts off. And my hair gets greasy around 12 in the afternoon. So I am like All is well. I just smile and work it.

I stick out like you wouldn't believe. I am a foot or more taller than these people. And white and blonde so the members like to come up stand by me and touch my hair and look into my eyes. OH and the way to greet is kissing on the cheek. It's been fun to do that, I am getting out of my comfort zone. But anywho, all is well and I am loving every bit of it. It's going to be hard to leave I can already tell.

I have found a purpose and I think one them is teaching children and youth here. I can really relate to them because of.....get ready for it......DRAGON BALL Z!!!! Hahahahha who would of thought that all those days of watching that TV show would get me into houses and really get to the children and then get to the parents. HaHA I knew my cartoon days would come in handy.

I am finding all my answers I've been looking for here. I really do believe that a mission is part of the plan. I am finding the joys in life and our purpose here. And what it means to be happy. I am changing big time I can feel it, I love it! Well I love you guys and hope all is well!

I miss you but not enough to come home! -- Hermana Channing Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment