Saturday, September 10, 2011

WEEK SEVEN - YO HE HABLADO‏

Hola Hola!!!
Well this week has been an interesting one, that is for sure.

I was a part of the welcome team for the new missionaries. I was the one telling people whats up and how this place is havoc. Because no one keeps to the schedule here or really follows the handbook. All the North Americans are a bunch of weirdos and the Latinos are really nice.

My companion was sick for a week and another hermana's companion was sick also. So me and Hermana Neighbor teamed up as part time companions and it was really good. My companion was soooo sooo sooo sick. She had something I don't know what but it was bad. The president gave her all these anti diarrhea pills and she took so many that the doctor said she paralyzed her bowels. She cried with happiness the other day when she could poop again. Poor woman.

The CCM is a festering place of disease. Everyone is sick and pathetic. My classmates were almost all gone this week. One Elder, who I talk with a lot, went to the bathroom over 30 times in the space of a couple of hours. Bless that mans butt! I started to get what ever was going around one night, but I told my body that I have had enough of this sick business and I pulled out the hand sanitizer and pills and was done with it.

Ok here is a word to the wise. NEVER EVER EVER EAT EGGPLANT!!!!! Holy mother of disgusting vomit! I have never been so sick slash grossed out in my entire life. I thought milk and cheese was sick oH no it is eggplant . I was so excited to try it because in the princess diaries novels Mia praised them to the sky. She is a liar! So I was eating my dinner and I saw this purple looking squash thing and I have tried everything I have been given. Well after the first bite I thought, something isn't right here. I took another and I was like ummmm this not that good. Before the next bite, I saw all these black seeds fall out of it that looked like frog eggs from a frog I dissected a couple of years ago. That's when the heaving stared and the gagging. I left and headed straight to the bathroom and didn't leave for most of the night. Both ends of me were not pleased.

I taught relief society to the North Americans this week. It was weird teaching in English but I loved it. Alot of Hermanas came up to me and thanked me for the great lesson. It was about Seeking the Companionship of the Holy Ghost. I reminded them that we are spiritual beings having an earthly experience, not earthly beings having a spiritual experience. Which is really an interesting thought and something to think about.

So you will all laugh at this one. You know how I hate musical numbers and singing it front of people and how I refused to do it as a missionary because that's all the Sister missionaries do. Well I have been dragged into about 5 or more since I have been on my mission. Ridiculous. And guess what! They are all high pitched songs. One Hermana said you really dont sing high do you? I told her I prefer to sing with the men. She was a little shocked but she realized I don't sing high when I sounded like a screeching owl in the night. He He He

Mission work is hard and emotional. I gave up my," I am not going to be emotional on my mission", because you cannot not be emotional. A teacher and I have been bumping heads about alot of things. He thinks I cant do alot of things and thinks I am a fragile stupid American who doesn't understand Spanish. But I showed him this week. He talks to me like I am a child and likes to point me out in class and draw attention to me, which I loathe. So what do I do? I slam it back. I am not going to take crap. You speak Spanish to me like I am a child, I will speak to you in advanced Spanish. So while I was teaching him this week I showed him a thing or two about the having the Spirit on your side and a whole lot of Spanish. He didn't know what to do with himself. He He He. I said to myself, "Take that rewind it back because the Spirit and I are bringing it back!" Oh man he really pushes me to the edge, but I keep telling myself two weeks two weeks. Oh well. I am nice to the man and all, but eeesh it has been difficult.

It sounds like everyone is doing great. Cambria you must be on top of math, don't let math take over your life and make you miserable. So math whats up! And I hope volleyball will get better. Just be goofy and have fun and hit the dang ball!!! Blake, I hope you have fun at photo shop world and school. Brett you are awesome and I am glad we are both doing what we are doing. Mom you are awesome and one sensible woman and young women's will be good. You have great counselors and people on your side. Dad you are the greatest! I don't know what I would do with out you. I love you all!

I hope everyone is doing great! I miss you all but not enough to come home. Love yah!

--
Hermana Channing Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment