Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week Three: Ready to Leave


Hello!
The MTC is great! I love it here. I am learning so much and I have made so many great friends! I am loving it! I really don't want to leave this place next Tuesday. I really, really, really don't want to leave. I am heartbroken. I have become so close with so many people and I don't know if I will ever see them again. Its so sad! I love them all.

So I am going to call you guys this Tuesday later in the day. So be ready to speak to yours truly! I have a ton of things to say and not enough time to say it in.

So this random Elder Jackson has been getting all my letters. I was so mad at everyone. I was like, "Brett! Why does the family like you and not me!?" I told Brett to yell at you guys but now I feel bad. The guy read them! Ahhhhh! I was like. "Ummm.. its ok." So hopefully when I get to Guatemala all will be well.

I got a Hepatitis A shot yesterday and it hurt! My arm is still sore! I had a charlie horse last night and I started punching it like crazy. So now my leg is sore. Oh well!

So I am going to be in a church film! It is going to be for the youth. They filmed us singing "Called to Serve"! I was right behind the main man who they were filming so be on the look out for a new church video for the youth.

I want to announce to everyone that I am by far the best groomed woman here! I fix my hair, my face, and I wash myself! I  should get a freaking award for such achievements! Hehehe! My companions and other girls walk around and look like they rolled out of bed. It's horrible! We are Representatives of the Lord, people! Ha Ha! I really can't believe it.

I get up at 5:30 everyday because I am weird like that. I can't really sleep so I just get up and start my day. I am not at all tired either. I think it is just this place. I wish everyone would come here and have the time of thier lives like I am having.

The MTC is diffantly an emotional roller coaster! Like one minute  I am crying with an investigator and then next thing you know I am laughing the hardest I've every laughed. It is crazy.

Oh! A missionary moment. I swear I don't know how I do it but I do. My companions say I have a gift of telling people exactly what they need to hear. So we were teaching in Spanish like we usually do. I am struggling and my companions are speaking alot. Then all of a sudden the Spirit is like "Channing, say this. But now I am so use to it I'm like "ok, I will totally say this." I just said that the Book of Mormon is true. And all of a sudden everyone is hit and we sit there shocked because the spirit is so strong! It is soooo cool! I may not speak the Spanish well but I can say things from my heart and they will know how strongly I feel about it.
I have seen Matthew Peterson! It was sooo good to see him. 

I am sad that Brett left but it is a good thing and I hope all will be well.  

Oh and I have lost weight! My face is getting skinner! After a couple rounds of bad experiences with the food I realized what is good and what is not.  No chicken for me! EEEEE HOOOOO LAYYYYYY!!!!!

Alright, do I have a story for you. This is random but I freaked the freak out when my companion told me this...So the other morning my companion said she woke up in the middle of the night and saw an figure in white standing over my bed. She said she felt a presence in the room. I was freaked out! I could not sleep. Ok, even if that did happen you just don't tell people! She told me it was a guardian angel... GAHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I was freaked out. She didn't understand why I was, but people don't understand me. Those sort of stories scare me. WEIRDDDDDD!!!

Spanish is getting a little bit better. The whole class is doing really well and I am not at their level. The teachers and I are struggling with finding a way to learn the language in a way that I can understand it better. Because the audio learning is not working as much as I would like too. I can't understand what the teachers and investigators are saying. Hopefully it will get better. I am trying really hard. It's pretty stressful but I know it will come and I just have to accept that I don't learn as fast as everyone.

Anyway I miss you guys, but not enough to come home! 

Hope all is well!  Love you!

--
Hermana Channing Jackson

1 comment:

  1. The language will come in time. I was in Peru for two months, nodding and smiling at people I could not understand, when suddenly it just clicked, and I could understand the language. I'm proud of you, and enjoy reading about your progress and experiences.

    ReplyDelete