Monday, October 10, 2011

A person mumbles something in Spanish..I say SI.....then my eyes widen and my HEAD screams OOOHHHH NOOOO!!‏

Well greetings everyone.

I am alive and still kicking I guess. Mother I am trying to stay healthy in a disease infested place, but it has been quite difficult especially because of the food, dirty streets, etc......... And there is noooo way in heck I am calling the Elders if I got anything going on in the GREAT Down Under if you catch my drift.

Anywho I will get down to the nitty gritty. This week was interesting. Found some new investigators, visited alot of less actives, and walked like you would not believe. Me and my companion are walkers and we walk everywhere. And our areas are pretty far from where we live but it is all good. I love walking and it keeps my waddle butt moving. I hate taking those blasted buses, which reminds me of a story.

So we were heading to our district meeting in Chitre on Tuesday and the bus was jam packed as usual and I sat down by this man. Well as we were driving, I noticed he opened his window randomly and then I smelt it. This most gastly smell imaginable. I started dry heaving. It seriously smelt like the man crapped his pants. And it kept happening. All these smells floated right into my nose. And this bus ride is 2 hours. I was soooo grossed out and I told him in English under my breath to plug his butt.

Ok so the Food in Panama is Citris-y, greasy, oily, fried, and everything that is bad for a Gastritis Stomach. I am sending some pictures. One is Pantones which are deep fried Bananas that I love. They taste like french fries, and then Sugar Cane and Guava, and Lemons! It has been hard to deal with because food here is sooo expensive. Raman noodles are 40 cents per thing. I was ticked! Granola bars are soo expensive and all manner of healthy food is up the wazzzzoooo. Sighhh....

So last Friday we went to a member's house which is 45 minutes away. And she is a nice old lady with a charming house. Well she cooks really good food and this was the first time I ever met her. So she hands me a plate of rice fried fish and some salady thingy and a bowl of beans. I was like whewww here we goo... So I ate and ate and I was yes I am doing great and then I finished and sighed with satisfation....then.... she asked me something in Spanish, and me not understanding right said Si....and then she swoops down and gave me more food double the fried fish and double the rice. I was oooooooo heaven help me.

I was shoving the food down and trying my hardest not to puke. Everything tasted and felt like a brick. I was like I am going to die I am going to die. My stomach is going to explode. My friend in my District, Elder Arbon, told me when I get to a point where I can't eat anymore to put my mind somewhere else and not think about the food. So I watched Hey Arnold Episodes and got the food down. I was like I am going to barf afterwards. But I did not. I swallowed some Pepto and walked it off and had a go at the toilet. But all is well.

Blake, Yes you, Where have you been! I have heard nothing about Idaho, about your blogs, your job, your roommates, nada! What is happening over there!!! Oh I had a dream, a very detailed dream and we will accomplish it when I get back. I am going to film an I'm a mormon Video in Black and White. It was sooo cool and vivid in my dream. So yeah we are going to do it! Oh here is a burns me up moment. ....You know what burrrrnnnnnsss me up....when you finished going to the bathroom and you realize your skirt was in the toliet the whole time. lol
Mother is there a way you and Dad can send some Nexium to me. It's the medicine that I take when my Gastritis gets bad and it works wonders. It is ridiculously expensive here and Guatamalas is way cheaper. Hermana Robinson is going to the States next week so if you want to send me anything that you think I need send it to this Address plus it will be cheaper than sending it to Panama.

Kola Robinson
8860 AIDER Rd
Pasco, WA 99301

So our investigator is getting baptized this week and I am soooo Excited! It is going to be awesome. I love her and she said she wants to come live with me in the States. But she doesnt want to marry a gringo because they are tooo skinny. lol. I will send a picture of her sometime. Her sister is getting baptized next week if she comes to church this week.
The Church members are soooo dramatic. I swear..there was an uproar in Relief Society this Sunday. Arguments and such. It was like a Spanish Soap Opera (People really do act like that). They get offended and say I am not attending church anymore. I am about to print off some David A. Bednar and shove it in their faces and say suck it up... It is crazy.

But anywho..All I want for Christmas is Blake's Old white Ipod full of classical music, Joseph Smith Tribute, Alex Boye, Children of Eden, August Rush, Pride and Prejudice, Instrumental music, Amazing Grace, Bagpipes, and my Speakers in my room. And the charger to the Ipod! NAture Valley Bars the Oats kind. Thats All I want. And abosulely no Mormon Tab... I can't understand a word they are saying it is all random noise to me.

Well I love you guys keep it real! I miss you but not enough to come home.

P.S. SKYPE FOR CHRISTMAS!!! AHHHHH!!!

--
Hermana Channing Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment