Tuesday, October 25, 2011

No Te des por Vencido‏


Hola!,

Wow what is happening in the world? Blake is rolling into the famous side, my cousin Josh was married, floods in Thailand, Nicole changed her date (dreamt it), Taylor is reading my beloved beautiful books, Brett has finally taken a shower..... goodness! It's all kinds of crazy eh?

So I am indeed alive. Thanks to meds, prayer, and faith. I told the Lord that if he would see mr through my illnesses without therapy, illegal drugs, or jumping into the Canal that I would not curse his name when I am giving birth to my children. Also to prove that he loves me if he would allow my future children to come out like butter. Thank you and praises be.

Leydi was baptized! Our investigator we've been teaching was baptized last Saturday. It was awesome and I truly felt the power of conversion. She says she wants to come live in "my house". That's her new favorite English saying. "My house". She said she would marry an American if they weren't so skinny. She cracks me up. I am sending a picture of her.

This week has been really hard. You cannot even imagine how hard I've prayed for revelation, for comfort, for alot of things. One day this week I felt like I really needed to read some of Bretts letters I printed out in the CCM, and for some odd reason one of his letters was an answer to my prayer. I am so grateful for The Lord, for revelation, family, and friends.

I got letters from Blake and Ashely today and it made me really happy to hear about them. And Blakes line, "Suck it up princess, you don't want to be like those sister missionaries everyone talks about", truly inspired me. Also the poem Don't you Quit ( hence the title of my email) by Ralph Acosta truly inspired me. There is a line I love and I will share it with you. "Stick to the Fight when you're hardest hit, It's when things seem worse that you must not Quit." Mmmmhhhmmm.

There has also been troubles with the work. Our investigator changed her baptism date again and a family is really struggling. It is sad, but we've got to stick with them.

But on the good side, my main woman, Hermana Rafiaela came to church. We have been checking up on her a lot. She is a menos Activo and a barking Ole lady and I love her. She says she loves to hear me speak spanish. Pffff... O Spanish how I don't know you well. It will come. Practicar, estudiar, escuchar, etc....

So during the course of my week I was inspired with an analogy that popped into my head and has grown and grown and I want to share it with you all... And it is a video game analogy. (Of course...:) ) SO Enjoy!

My Video Game Analogy
And how it relates to Missionary Work
By Hermana Channing Jackson

Missionary work is alot like the video game HALO or Call of Duty, but this time we are not killing aliens or evil people. This time we are saving people and securing areas.

I have been given a call (a missionary call), to leave my home country or home planet (Bountiful,Colorado, U.S.A) to help the defenseless and save the people.
(By bringing souls unto Christ)

I am assigend to different areas (Santiago, etc...) where there are people in need of help.
In my training back at Base Camp( CCM/MTC) I was given tools and training to help me fulfill my call/assignment.

Instead of having my usual Alien Hammer, grenades, and a shotgun, I have been given scriptures, Preach my Gospel, and more. My trainers taught me how to hit direct targets and what to do in Situations. (Teaching and Contacting)

For Transportation, instead of my usual alien glider, jeep and tank, I have my walking legs, taxis and a bus.
I have a person on Radio 24/7 who gives me suggestions and directions. (The Spirit)

I have been given a Team (Members, a Companion) who help me secure the area and make it better and stronger.
My team and I are sent to find those (Investigators) who are in need of saving and provide them with the means (Principles and Ordinances of the Gospel) and a way to reach a safe-haven (Church/The Kingdom of God)

We sometimes run across old members (less actives) who once worked with Base and we ask them to join up, remember their past ( Their covenants) and return to Base. (Church)

I have check points (Appointments) throughout the level. (Day)
At the end of each level (Day) I recieve my score (Progressions, contacts, etc..) Then I see how I did and what I can improve on.

After I have secured my part of the Area or beat the level, I report back to Base Leaders. (District, Zone, President.)

Sometimes we don't beat the level, sometimes our scores are low, sometimes we could't save the people in time, or convice old members to return. But we can't ever leave the game, because we keep losing and sometimes think well I will try again later. No. We have to keep trying.

Sometimes I lose, get frustrated, and feel like it is game over. But its not, it can't ever be game over.

I have a call of duty, a mission to fulfill. I need to save the people, beat the enemy (The adversary), secure the area, save the country or planet, and most of all...
I need to win the Game.

And when it comes and I have finished the Game, I will return to my home country or planet, knowing that through all the trials, losses, mistakes, and wins, that I did my best and fought my hardest.

The End
Keep the Faith people, Work hard, and do your best.

Well I love you guys and hope things are going great with you. I miss you, but not enough to come home!

--
Hermana Channing Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment