Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jackson? Como Michael Jackson? Si! El es mi Primo que esta Muerto!‏


Sup,

Sounds like there is all kinds of things going on at home. Halloween is today and it is actually celebrated here. Weird but yah. Panamanians love parties and holidays! Seriously I am kept up half the night because of there music and laughter and fireworks. I see fireworks all the time outside my window. On Friday night they were actually playing music I knew. Some Celion Dion! And I was singing outside the window. Yes I was in Babylonia for a minute or two. "Its all coming back to me!"


Mother. Ok why are you downloading? I have everything on my computer. Go to the itunes on my computer with my hard drive and drag the two playlists Instrumental and Gospel to the Ipod and you are done. Then you are finished.


Oh I also have an idea for you for a craft or art project in Young Womens. So I have been working on home made book covers and scripture stickers in my free time at night. What I do is take pictures from magazines, Ensigns, Liahonas, etc... cut out my favorite pictures pasted them how I want then on a notebook journal or planner, then I cover it with that clear book cover stuff I used for school all the time. Sometimes I remove the spirals because it is easier. For stickers you cut out the picture put in on the clear covering, make sure you rub it so there are no bubbles, then you soak it in water for 15 minutes. Then you gently rub away the thick layer of paper until it is just a clearer version of the picture. Then you just wipe dry it and stick it where you want it. I will send pictures. It's really fun creative and hey my scriptures and study journals are cool now. I am sure if you research this on the internet you can have better instructions.


Oh I forgot to tell you about my apartment. It is better than Aspen Village and that is saying something. I do get to use a washing machine at the Robinsons which is better than the weird sink we are suppose to wash it in. I have two refrigerators, there are desks, chairs, beds, dressers, a freezing butt shower (loathe it) etc... I don't mind it at all. No oven or microwave but I use the Robinsons. I'ts been pretty legit setup. Alot better than Brett's I am sure. lol Brett I too am reading Jesus the Christ. Love it! I really liked chapter 17 notes about happiness vs. something. Genius I tell you. I have a 100 pages to go and I am finished. I started it three weeks ago because I finished all the rest of the books. I read alot here when I get the chance. I gotta keep up my reading habit or I will never be a Librarian. After Jesus the Christ I am going to take the challenge of reading the Bible all the way through along with my daily reading of the book of Mormon. mmmmmhhmmmmm.

So on the medical side I am doing better getting around and stuff. I have to be extremely careful what I eat or I will have the most excruciating pain. I had one last night from a handful of popcorn and I am avoiding Carrots. Ouch! I just eat potatoes, bread, soup, and some dry cereal every once in a while. I can feel my chin bone again! whoop Whoop! I've lost 15 pounds since the start of my mission. Don't get me wrong I am still in the bloating Cow range but I will hopefully get down a little bit more.

So during this week I've had some interesting experiences. We went out knocking on doors and we came across these two Catholic ladies. Hardly any teeth and chatty as ever. I couldn't understand a word they were saying. But after the end of the lesson I was asked to say the prayer. So I started praying and I noticed I wasn't the only one speaking. I was like "What the fetch is happening" I heard. "Oh bless us Senor!, Mmmhhhmmmm Bless her Lord! Gracious! Mmmhhmmmm." Well me being a tad bit freaked out peaked open my eyes to see that is was the lady next to me clutching her cross and throwing her hands in the air. I said a pretty fast prayer. I couldn't concentrate. Hahaha It made me laugh.

We also visited this lady who lives on this huge hill by the Catholic Temple. She was super nice and had her granddaughter with her who asked some strange questions. We where teaching the Plan of Salvation and the Topic of Hell came up. Well the little girl said. "I heard that when we go to hell they put us in a frying pan with oil and burn and the fire comes around us." It was a tad bit weird. We were like ummmmmm nooo.

The little ol lady loved me for some reason. She had a picture of Michael Jackson in her House and she asked if I was related. Alot of people ask me that here. So I say the phrase that I titled my email with. Well when we started to leave she grabbed my hand started petting it and It was getting really awkward so I went in to say the usually goodbye "Chio" with a smouch noise after but this lady had a different way of saying goodbye to the Gringa. This lady grabbed my face and kissed me straight on the lips. I was like "UGHHHHHHHHHH" What the Womp just happened" Then she grabbed my hand and led me out the door. She gave every one else in our trio a kiss on the cheek. I was pretty freaked out. Of course it would be me.

We also visited this family the other night with a Dad who would not for the love of all shutup. He was always interupting and telling us about the Word of God. etc...etc.. "Mirrar, Mirrar...Eschuchme blah blah blah...rude ole fart basically. Well he liked to pick on me the gringa in the group. He said Will I go to the Catholic Church this Wednesday with him. I was like No. He said why! Diga me! I was like oooo heavens here we go. So I said I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is true and that there is no doubt in my mind. No duda en mi Mente yo ! I told him my purpose here and just basically testified. Well it sure shut him up. Basically I karate chopped it!

So yeah needless to say it has been quite a week.

-- Hermana Channing Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment