Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ha! The City? Try 8 hours away and next to Costa Rica.‏



Greetings from David!

So yes indeed I got transferred. It was hard to leave Santiago because of the members recent converts and the Robinsons and Herman Hurst, but is was time to go. I have some pictures I am sending of me and the Robinsons and the Otero family. I look like crap ion the pictures because of sweat and rain. So perdon.

So I went to Cambios and the President told me I am putting you somewhere close by because of your stomach issues. I am like sweet. I look up at the screen during changes and it says David! I was like whatt.........! Don´t get me wrong I´ve been wanting to go to David since I´ve got here. Everyone talks about it. Because it is near the mountains and 10 times cooler. So I was to meet my companion there in David. I rode with a group of elders and another Hermana. The bus ride is 8 hours and more because of stops. I almost threw up. Thank heavens for motion sickness pills. I need more. But it was pretty entertaining because Unstoppable was playing in front of my seat. They play movies alll the time here. And there is not much we can do. So I got to David at 2:00 in the morning. Totally tired. And then I saw my companion and I was alright another Latina. I can deal with this.

So she speaks alot of English. She has learned alot here. I do I describe her? Basically our personalities are very different. I mumble and don´t talk that much unless I have something to say and don´t like to touch people, while she is a touchy feely person and loves to talk.

My area is disorganized. Almost 50 attend church while there are hundreds inactive. This place needs to be fixed and we are going to do it. I wish I could be the bishop for a day and tell the members and people what is up because everything is messed up. So I have some ideas and I am going to fix that area book because it needs alot of work.
Ahhhh David. I like it. It's super hot, really nice area, and it rains so hard that your body is soaked in 10 secs.

Funny story about the rain so my companion and I forgot the umbrella again and the keys and her planner...I digress...So it was raining like crazy and she said well what do we do because we were in this ladys house. Ummm we are going to walk in it and face the consequences. I walked out there and looked like a wet shitshu...Or how ever you spell that. Gahhhhh it was crazy. And since my one skirt is falling off my butt because of the weight loss, my skirt was so heavy with water that while we where going up a hill my skirt fell down and the G´s were hanging out. I was like fan freaking tastic. Welcome to my life. Hahaha


Lets see some random things about David. There are a ton of Catholic and Evangelists. And each one hates the other and totally bashes one another. I was talking to this man the other day and he said he left the Catholic church because his preacher married to gay men and that they are baptizing babies who have not commited sin. I was like hmmmmm interesting. I met with an Evangelist and she was crazy and decided she wanted to preach to us. I not being able to understand a thing just sat there. Then she pointed at me and said ¨you don´t know God loves you or what Jesus did for you. I said in English wanna bet? She said Como? Oh yeah I need to say something is spanish so I told her my testimony I was shaking because she got me all riled up and then she stopped and said mmmhhhmmmm the El Espirtitu. She said the Spirt gave me the ability to speak spanish in that moment. Pfff.


In church there are alot of cell phones and breastfeeding. There is nothing like taking the sacrament with a lady sitting there beside you breastfeeding and sliding the tray over her chest. Gahhh! No coverage blanket, no nada.
Here in David we have a cook. She is super nice and makes a ton of food. She like so many other people here in Panama have Gastritis and Ulcers. She has the same pills as me and yet they do not change their eating habits. But she cooks me special food for my stomach. My stomach by the way is getting a little better. It still hurts but I am dealing with it.

My apartment is sketchy. I walked in this morning and found a cockroach being devoured by ants by my peanut butter. I have a phantom gecko too. I sing to him. He kinda sleeps near my head. He´s yellow with big black eyes. Cold showers that sometimes have water.

Lots of Lizards, Turtles and Gators! I met a lizard on the road the other day who could have been a a fetchin kamono dragon. Gahhhhh I don´t like it. No snakes yet....or never hopefully.

Brett sounds like you are living a legit life. Thanks for the Plabras de Sabidurias as always. Keep reading Jesus the Christ I just got past the atonement and stuff and it is crazy. I will never understand why Judas did what he did.

But anyway. So mom you are allowed to send 3 food items per package and to the same address. So bring on the Captain Crunch and Nature Valley Bars and a 5th avenue! Thanks for doing the music and getting the speakers. And so I have to send the letters I want to people in the States to you just taped up or in envelopes? I don´t want you reading the one to my novio in the eastern states! Hehehehe

I need to send a package to you guys with some stuff do I send it to PO Box or our home address? Also I hope your trees are growing because I will bring a hammock back home and chill in it in like 2 years.

So I am doing great. I am about to take over Panama and fix it up.

Love you guys! Yo le Extrano Bastante pero......Not enough to come home! Paz mi gentes....Paz....


--
Hermana Channing Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment