Monday, November 21, 2011

¡ Que Felices Recuerdos!‏


What up yall!

Ohhhhh man everyone seems to be doing great. Nicole is getting married on Cambria's birthday.

Brett sounds like he is having one heck of a time. O by the way Brett, that Spanish song Senor Te segiure is Lord I will Follow Thee. I am getting to the point of figuring out the song titles because I can't read music. Heeehheee I look like an idiot when me and my companion sing.

Ohhh Black friday. That's weird. These months are flying by. I celebrated my 4th month birthday yesterday. I even got a cookie with a candle in it. They celebrate that kinda stuff in the mission.

Blake is doing what now? Is he graduating this semester or no?

Cambria is seriously a brave soul I would rather die that lead the music. Gahhh...

Oh mom...Mary is on top of the Facebook thing she has been changing addresses and stuff for me. If you want her to post anything facebook her.

Ashley needs to get water shoes. That is basically what we use everyday. They have cute ones too like they look like legit shoes. She might have to order them somewhere. One girl I know ordered her shoes from China...So who knows. Best of luck to her. She needs some good ones for the water.

Well this week consisted of a ton of rain and a ton of walking. I felt like Brett last week. A ton of walking around and no suceess. The rain was soooo ridiculous this week. I am on my fourth paraaqua Umbrella. I had a beauitful one in Santiago then the Elders lost it at cambios along with my Spanish English Dictionary! Grrr So Here in David I bought a black one thats stick part broke because I beat a dog with it that was attacking me.

Then I bought a new black one and this week we were heading to one of our areas and it started raining hard. You know the usual.....Then this gust of wind came and my paraagua flew up and broke off. The top part. I screamed SHANNNNAAAAAZZZZZZZZ! Confound this blasted wheather of SAAATTAAANN! My nanny nun bun of a hair do was flying everywhere and wet againsty my face. My back pack was drenched and dripping down my skirt. The water that dripped down my skirt got on my rash in the butt crack and it burned like crazy and I was walking like a duck to avoid the pain. Then this car drove past me and the water splashed on me! And during the course of all this my peds some how ended up clear by my toes and not on my feet. Needless to say I threw my umbrella on the side of the road marched across the raging river of water across the street into a store and bought a new one. IT better last for a while. hehehe

This week we did exchanges and I went with a north american named Hermana Fannin. She is really nice and talks a great deal. I call this Day the Title of Liberty because we basically defended our God, our family slash race. our Religion and our lives. We went to her Area and it was a really interesting day.

We did alot of contacting and met some interesting people. One lady was super nice and we taught her about the First Vision and then she asks us a question. What is Gods name? I was like what the? Then she showed us a scripture in Psalms I think and it said something about Jehovah. She said everyone has a name...it is Jehovah. I was like well actually that is Jesus. Well I told my companion to say it. She kept on asking what is his name. I was like whoaaaa lady how on earth is knowing his name or whatever going to change your way of thinking about Him and how on earth does this matter to your salvation. It was weird I think she was a J. Witness. I cant spell Jehovah. Is that right?
Anyway....Then during another contacting session we ran into this man who just railed on us about how we worship Joseph Smith and that we are a church of Man, and that we love having a ton of Wifes, and just horrible horrible things. Well The spirit was bam and we told him what is up and said let us set the record straight and he kept interrupting our testimonies. Then he said you North Americans think you are sooo much better than us and thats why you are here to try and change us and you don't even care. I was livid. OOOOOO SNAP! Then we said listen... Contention is of the Devil and have a great night. He was screaming what did you call me.... hahahaha I prayed for that man's soul.

Then after this...I am wondering if I should save this story for after the mission....its not like I had a gun to me or any of that nonsnese. But anyway I will tell it and you don't have to share it with others. There was this drunk guy following us after our contacting session and he was saying beautiful women wait for me. Well I was told by the spirit to walk faster and to go down this road. Me and my companion booked it and I heard him say ooooohhhhh your walking faster huh. We walked faster...The Spirit was telling me where to go and we got to a place that my companion had never been before I looked back and the guy was no where in site but I knew we had to go home....Then the spirit told me to wait and grab the next Taxi. My companion started to head back to the way we came and I told her to stop and then a Taxi came. The first car to go by there. We jumped in the taxi so fast. I was like goood heavens. I just know I am being protected out here. The weird thing is is that I wasn't scared. I was calm and did what I was told to do. It was a crazy day of exchanges for sure.

So one thing I have been doing is going after the Less Actives. I was looking through the area book and I came across a family name and I was, "Hermana we need to visit these people I have a strong feeling to do so". Well we went out to the Area and it took forever to find the address and we knocked on the door and all these people came out. They are the Gomez family and they have been inactive for awhile because...the Lady Beatrice can't walk she sits in a chair all day and her family has to help her go to the bathroom. She reads her scriptures everyday and prays like crazy. She really wants to go to church but physically can't. I almost started crying. Her Faith was sooo inspiring. I will be talking to the bishop to make sure she gets the sacrament out to her. Poor lady.

Oooo you know your heart is in the mission when your dreams are all about contacting tracking and Libro de Mormon..... Lol

Well I hope you all are doing well and have a happy Thanksgiving! I love you all and miss you, but not enough to come home!

--
Hermana Channing Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment