Wednesday, November 16, 2011

This week on...¨"Our feet are Wet, but Our Message is True"‏


Hola!
Wow Mother your email was all kinds of long and full of so much info. I might have to print it out. I hope the packages get here. I was talking to an hermana and she said she got her Christmas package in April. Hehehe. Who the womp knows! Well the Valley sounds charming as ever. Lots of stuff going on. Wow Whitney Canty is going on a mission. That's cool! So many kids from the Valley. Awesome.

Brett you whale of a Tale you! How everything is going good for you down there. I really like trios. Less talking lol. You inspire me as always. Hope things look up. Personal Revelation is legit. Jesus the Christ is awesome and I am currently reading Drawing on the Powers of Heaven by some dude. It is really good. I have been really concerned about my gifts, weaknesses, and strengths. It has always been hard for me to recognize my strengths and the gifts, but I can always point out the weaknesses. I have been able to see everyone else's but mine. There is this line in the book that truly inspired me. So we always pray for certain gifts in my case the gift of tongues because I am so bad at Spanish and I am just not getting it. I pray and pray and study and study and just nothing is clicking. but then in the book it says ask for the gift and tell the lord how it will benefit you and how you will use it. Hmmmm I never thought of being specific. So I was like I would like the gift of tongues so I can use it to preach to these people in their own language to bring them unto Christ and basically change lives. So I did just that and in a week I have noticed a huge difference.

So I currently have a cold. Lol. Satan just won´t leave me alone but it makes me feel good cause he knows how great I can become. But it all started after a reaction I had. So during this week while visiting a member they gave me this fruity drink I didn't think much of it. They said there was no coconut in it so I thought I would be fine. Well I took a drink and thought....hmmm this is the nastiest thing I have ever put in my mouth. They the throat started swelling, my face got puffy, coughing, wheezing, and basically dying. Turns out I am allergic to Nance, a bitter gross tasting fruit. Hermana Robinson calls it Nasty Nance because it is so gross. As soon as we left I grabbed my inhaler and tried to calm down. I take my pills every day but my reaction got the better of me. And then after that I have got a really bad cold. But mehhh all is well.

So last Monday we went to Boqueti which is like a Creede, but better. It is is the mountains of David and beautiful. A ton of white people on retirement. Its like the place to be. I can see why. Its cooler and not hot at all. I loved it. There are parks, shops, gardens, rivers, waterfalls, and it is just beautiful. We got on a bus there and headed to the mountains/jungle. O man I was in paradise. There was this abandoned Castle than this man started but never finished. It is sweet. We went looking for the waterfall but didn´t make it in time and had to turn around but we will go back.

The teaching this week was pretty fun. Lots of crazy people and people who are soooo close to beginning to see the truth. I love the people here. There was one lady. Yajaira. She is 30 something and a mother and we have been teaching her and she is really confused because she feels so good about this church but she remembers the teachings of her parents. When we walked into her house 2 nights ago I was like whoa the spirit is here. Whoa....I am understanding every word of Spanish and saying things I have never said before....whoa she is crying....whoa we are all feeling the Spirit right now....Whoa did I really just say all that in a prayer. Are we all walking away feeling so happy. Weird, but totally awesome. Dang it I am home now and I can´t understand Spanish...grrr.

So I finally learned how to study. I wish that I went on a mission along time ago. I probably wouldn´t have gotten that 20 percent on my math test in college. So much to learn and only a life time to learn it. Oooo man I love learning and reading. I wish there was more time to studying. I can´t get enough of it.

Blake I met a ton of Tongans from San Fransisco. One of them says that his uncle is the branch president over the Fijian ward right now. They don´t know you but they know where you served. Cool huh!

Met Nicole´s fiances ex girlfriends brother. He is in my zone. I laugh.

Hope every one is doing great. Keep up the work because we are all apart of this great work and the missionaries need your help.

A quote by my main man Bruce R. McConkie ¨" Perhaps what is wrong is that we have not desired in faith with all our hearts to bring souls into the Kingdom. Perhaps we have not made up in our minds that we can bring people into the church.¨"

Te Amo! Nucna lo Olvido! I miss you all but not enough to come home!

--
Hermana Channing Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment