Thursday, February 16, 2012

Caution: Sasquatch crossing‏hhnnn



Well welll well we are innn trouble....

Hola. Well by the sounds of it looks like this are going down the drain. 

Me and another hermana are in tears because of Whitney Houston. My heart is broken. I love her and I will forever remember her beloved songs. She best be singing in the tabernacle in Heaven. 

Brett I was going to ask you when you were going to head to the equator place. I heard about it from an Elder here from Ecuador. By the way are the people of Ecuador's accents fetchin sweet. The Elder here I about pass out every time he talks to me. Good heavens. Beautiful. 

Well I am not really sure about the Indian thing anymore. I guess it is suppose to settle down. I think they are going to start it up again today. Dang Indians. This is our land! Hahahah totally a Pocahontas moment. Basking in the Disney. 

Well the flip. Why is the internet down over there. Cambria MCCHICKEN HEAD! WHAT UP SISTER! 

BLAKE HAS A JOB!!! Failure to launch be FLYIN! Whoop Whoop. I will totally visit you someday. Get on it my brother. Make some MONEY and Be A HONEY! I swear I´ve gotten gangster here. Losing my dignity. 

Well this week was pretty crazy. I almost died twice. One by being in a car and one walking down the road. But I did save a members life this week. We were coming back in a taxi from our appointment because we were so far away. And our idiot of a taxi driver decides to pas this car and here came two cars straight at us cause one was passing the other. We get slammed in between two cars and I screamed bloody murder. But no damage to the car or us. But my garments were damage if you catch my drift.  Good grief. IDIOT! LOOK BEFORE YOU PASS! And then after we got out of the situation he decides to demonstrate what happened and what he was thinking. DEAR SIR GET ME THE FLIP HOME! I was ticked and then he asks for a great deal of money. Whatever. 

On Friday my companion, a 13 year old member and I went contacting and trying to get lessons with members. This member is named Abel. He talks a ton. Well we went walking down this paved road where there are hardly any cars. He was telling me all about these video games and singing Skillet (because I got him hooked on it) and stuff. Then I got this thought, you guys needed to move closer to the side. I was like hmmm weird there aren´t that many cars. Well Abel was talking up a storm and a little ways away from my companion and I. And then we all heard this motor. I looked up and there was this purple race car passing this truck right in front of us at incredible speed. The words popped into my head SAVE ABEL! I don´t know how I did it but somehow I grabbed hold of him and chucked him to the side of me before the car almost hit him. This kid is a big kid and was pretty far away from us. It was really strange. The car passed us and it was so close that the wind kinda pushed us. Then Abel said. ¨WOW¨ I was in shocked and kinda freaked out because if that car hit him he would have died instantly. Adrenaline. Gotta Love it. 

We had a lot of good things happen this week.  More baptism dates. Three more families. And a ton of great experiences. 

We went to an area in David as a zone to help other Hermanas out in finding new people, setting baptism dates, etc... It went really well. I did divisions that date with the Mission Nurse and It was a really touching experience for me. We went up in the mountains of Boquete to find families and invite them to an activity that the ward there was having. Well after climbing up this mountain for about 30 minutes we get to the village place. Guys it was one of the saddest places I have ever seen. It is in a mountain range area where it is cold and rainy.There was this giant red tin building with 50 doors or so. Each door has a small room. These are the peoples houses. There is a concrete stove and one bed. I was in culture shock. Bugs were everywhere and dogs and tons of little kids running around with bug bites and dirty faces. One little girl walked up to me grabbed my hand and smiled at me and lead me from door to door. These kids surrounded me and were touching my skin and holding on to my skirt and petting my hand. Gosh my heart was breaking. We sang Families can be together forever in these little rooms and I bore testimony about families. Family is all these people have. One member there walks about two hours to get to church. She attends every Sunday. Never misses. What faith!  I had alot of spiritual moments there.
 
Well I love you guys. And I want you to know that I really love it here and everyday is a life changing experience. Miss you all, but not enough to come home! 
-- 
Hermana Channing Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment