Monday, February 20, 2012

I got cabin FEVER!!!‏




Greetings my fellow beings. 

It is Monday and I have a chest cold. Hacking up a lung. The weather changes too much here and it is draining the life out of me. I got rained on in Boquete then I got back to my area where it is sooo hot you consider ripping off all your clothes and joining the people at the carnival. It is the week of Carnival and everybody be all drunk and naked up in here. Babylon. Disgusting. The carnivals here are right before the holy week. A week of partying and doing the horrible, before confessing to the father of their sins.. It gets really bad in Santiago. They send the missionaries out and put them here with us or in the city. Law of Chastity. Get some! 

The Indians are still going bonkers. The did a road block between Santiago and here. And the main highway was shut down and there was no traveling. They were protesting, smoke bombs, and put trees and rocks on the road. Ridiculous. And is anybody doing anything about it no. They want to do something big on the 27th I heard. Gosh and changes are coming up and we haven´t got mail because of it! No mail since the middle of January. NO GARMENTS!!! DAHHH!

This week we too watched a movie in English. 17 Miracles. BEST CHURCH MOVIE! Good grief. I lost it. It is about the miracles of the pioneer's journey to the Salt Lake Valley. It is truly amazing.  I had this urge to do Family History work. But I must be patient until my time comes. There are so many stories and histories out there. Many children and people have died without the work done for them. And I really want to help people do family history. I love teaching that lesson here. Brilliant movie!

We have three baptisms this week. Patricia and Isabel. We had to change the date on them because of the husband.  They are so excited and are beyond ready for this! We also have Krish Lezcano being baptised this week! Krish is a 14 year old boy. His uncles, cousins, and grandma are members. And he has gone to church every week for months. But the problem was getting the parents permission. So we taught him is final lesson. He has literally all of the lessons. And he asked for permission and the parents agreed. They are not members and have nothing to do with the church. I hope that they will have a change of heart someday. So his baptism is coming up. We have 6 fechas total. Hope they all go through! 

Panama is seriously hot. But the good thing about it is that it is fruit season. The good fruit. Not like the usual grapefruit, oranges, and all that. No it is Mangos and some sort of pear like fruit. Juicy goodness. I about died and went to heaven. Also the WATERMELON! Good grief. Dang good in the BOCA! Truly am enjoying myself. I have gained a lot of weight here. Because of the dinner and lunch at member's houses. Too much rice, pasta, and heavy food. You would think that the exercising in the morning and walking your butt off everyday would even it out. Nahhhh not really. I hope to starve in my next area and drop 50 lb. Ha yeah right. After the mission weight loss training will be happening. 

Everybody sounds like they are doing good. I am said I missed the grammys. I heard Adele the singer was on there. Beautiful woman. Great voice.  Wish Kyle good luck and I hope everybody is having a great time. 

Love you all and miss yah! But not enough to come home!   



--
Hermana Channing Jackson



No comments:

Post a Comment