Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rice Guts, Man Calves, and bushy eyebrows....‏



What Up All...This is Hermana Jackson reporting live from the heart of DAVID for the third change in a row and I am happy as a pimple on a teenagers face. I have the same companion and we are working like crazy to fix this area and make it into something.

Ommmaaannnn where do I start...

Brett the pictures are legit and it sounds like you are working it up. Learning to be a missionary is the hardest thing and I learned that we won´t really figure it out until the end. But keep working at it. I haven´t had much time to study my language either. But I´ve started writing conjugations and vocab and studying on the buses and while we are walking in the middle of no where and repeating everything that people say to me. Preach the Word of God my Brother. I also like your backpack. 

Well sounds like things are warming up in Colorado and all these changes going down in the Ward. Mom keep on preaching. Dad keep on a shootin those shots in the butt. Cambria be a star at music and life. Blake take over the world. Say hello to my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents for me. Tell them that I think of them often. 

Also did you get my package yet?

Poor Blake. 21 hours. Gosh put on some stuck like glue and wag that finger! I really miss some of the car music Blake and I would jam out to on our trips home. LOST IN THE WILDERNESS! I NEED THAT SONG!!! NOT ON THE IPOD!!!!! 

So this week was great it really was. We were teaching Samudio every night and preparing  him for his baptism. When it came time for the interview the District leader said he is more than prepared. WHOOP WHOOP. Saturday came and we were cleaning the font and setting up chairs, and filling up the baptism font. Which took 5 hours because there is hardly any water pressure and the faucet was tiny. Good Grief. We also did service the day of the baptism and we made pineapple empanadas. You know how easy that crap is. I was in shock. I could totally make this and forget about TACO BELL'S empanadas.  We also made a chocolate cake for the baptism. The Baptism was a 6:00 and no one showed up till about 7:00. I was so happy because His Family, who are less actives, all showed up to support him. He bought a white shirt and he was so happy. Then the baptism was done and I sang a song. Yes I be singing in places now because I am the only one who can carry a tune here. And then the greatest moment came. Samudio shared his testimony.  I almost cried. He said I am so happy, I am so grateful for Hermana Jackson and Hermana Mendez for stopping by my house and changing my life.  He said he would never forget us. He bought a journal slash and he wrote down everything. Every lesson we taught him, the dates, our names, his baptism and when he received the Holy Ghost and the Aaronic priesthood. I was like good heavens. We really are changing lives. All because we took the road less traveled by and God put him in our path. Miracles happen people, every once in awhile. 

We have also been meeting with some menos activos and one of them is a 90 year old woman who lives by herself. She looks like a dinosaur. I want a picture with her. We were visiting her last night and she was telling us all about her life, when she was converted, and showing us pictures and stuff. She has the pictures of the missionaries who converted her in the 70s and all that jazz. She laughs, jokes, and smiles like crazy. She has a ton of faith but it is hard for her to go to church because it is a long way to walk. While we were talking the phone rang and we saw her get up and run to the back. I am sooo not kidding. She literally ran. Me and my companion were in shock. My mouth jumped and my companion said Ella puede corre!? I was like yeah she can freaking run faster then me. What are they drinking and eating down here. That woman is a beast and still has 15 years ahead of her. O heavens I almost died laughing. Its all about moving and working. Somebody take Grandma Jackson around the gym a few laps. She can´t get any weaker. 

Well What more can I say. All I know is that life is good when you have God in your life and you are doing the things you are suppose to do all will be well.  Much love people. Know that I am praying for you all and that I love you all very much. Miss yah..but not enough to come home! 

-- 
Hermana Channing Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment