Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sometimes I get a good feeling yeahhhhhh...a



Well It was awesome to hear from everyone this week! Dad, Mom, Blake, Brett, Cambria, Ashley, and Mary!
 

Blake. Way to get on the ball. But I would be just enjoyin the freedom of the world. Live it up my man. And do as Brett says and GET AFTER IT! Whoop whoop


Cambria practice that violin. I have decided that the Jackson siblings are going to rule this world. Blake  brings in the dow, Brett puts on the Show, You play in the Band and I work the runway. Mmmmhhhhmmmmmm


Dad. I was so happy that you took the time to write an email to us. I miss you alot. I was thinking of you and playing video games today and cussing. hehe good times. I climbed a mountain today and was kinda roaming around looking for certain objects. Little arrow like objects. But alas I didn´t find any...... yet...


Mom! Sounds like everything is going good. I wish I could of been there to hear Ashley´s farewell. 


Well this week is Cambios. And I have no idea if I am going or not. I really don´t want to go. I love my area. And my Spanish is getting better. I have gotten to a point of understanding. When you start understanding the music that is playing on the bus you know you are making progress. The only hard thing is speaking. The way I deal with stress is a good ole coloring book! That happens to be a batman one. hehehehe


This passed week went by so fast and I celebrated my 6 months birthday...only three more months till I take the 9 months pregnant picture all the hermanas do. Basically a 11-12 months more for me. Weird. MAKE IT COUNT! 


We had the privilege of hearing from the one the only...RUSSEL M. NELSON! That beast of a man. He was here in Panama and preaching it up. We saw him on a video broadcast since we are 8 hours away from Panama. He told us what is up. Love it. They need to give these type of talks on Conference. His wife talked also and I was blown away. She kicks trash. She talked about Nephi Sam and Laman and Lemuel. How they all went through the same things. Saw an Angel, felt the spirit, and only two had a change of heart. I was like whoa.... Never realized that.

How many of us go through the mission and experience the same things but don´t have a change of heart. Genius. Also she said to look for the miracles in your life and remember them. Also If we could just take a glimpse into ourselves in the premortal life and see ourselves as we truly are all our problems and worries would fall away.  

And Russel M. Nelson told us a funny story about this letter he got from his grandson. Well his grandson is learning a different language and I guess the letter Elder R. got was full of grammatical mistakes and misspellings and foreign words. He said I scolded my grandson. I said to him that I know you are not teaching English but you are not perfecting your abilities in three languages. English, Spanish, and the Language of the Lord. He told us that we need to be excelling in all of these languages. I was like YEAH we do! My languages are crap! DEMAND EXCELLENCE out of yourselves people! Beyond which is sufficient!


And I am so excited for this week because we are having two baptisms. Samudio and a little 8 year old. Samudio is a mircale story. This man has family who are all members and some are less actives. He sits on his porch every night and looks at the cars passing by. And then we come along one day, because we took a wrong turn and say hey can we sing you a hymn? He says yes and says come back. He is a quiet man and nods his head during the first few lessons. then after the Gospel of  Christ, he starts talking laughing coming to church, and gains this testimony. All he was waiting for is an invitation. He was just waiting for people to ask him to change and come to Christ. And guess what he accepted. Sometimes it just take us one question to change our lives. Miracles. Love them.


Alot of people ask us about the world ending and 2012.  That's one of the number one questions we will be getting this year I am sure. I was like well prepare spiritually and did as Brett said, and said, take part in the Gospel of Christ! I love questions like these. Random. The Plan of Salvation questions are random too. 


Anyway not much to say this week. My mind is fried.  Keep on rolling with the punches. Love you guys! Miss you but not enough to come home!


-- 
Hermana Channing Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment