Tuesday, January 10, 2012

These are My Confessions‏

Hedi hidi ho!

What is up my people in a different nation. It sounds like everyone is having one heck of a time.

I hope Grandma Jackson is doing better...poor woman. She needs to use a walker or something. She is going to kill herself.

Brett you are out of control but as always thank you for the advice and the wonderful random comments that I literally laugh out loud at. Keep smearin the butter on the pan yo! Keep rockin out to the Party rock Athem that is always playin on the Radio. Everyday I´m shuffling....

Blake get a cool job somewhere cool so I can come live with you after the miss.....

I am glad to know that Mary is putting facebook statuses of me. If only Ashley would write an email or something. Tell her to email! i haven´t been able to send mail because of all the holidays going on. Today is one. This internet place was the only thing open in the City.

The rice is killing me. Have any of you be so constipated, so frustrated...well let me tell you how I felt. 5 days....that's right. 5 days without feeling the sweet relief. I looked 9 months pregnant. I was huge this week and I think I gained so much weight. It is the rice. I told my cook that i couldn't´t go to the bathroom and i need to eat better. She said it is normal here. I am like no duh, Rice potatoes. etc... your butts are all clogged as is mine right now! So I had alot of fruit and water this week. Finally this morning I did it!

I am glad that everyone is on my side about the bishop thing. I was like why am I letting a bishop treat me like this...I will throw some English words in his face and say look it up! I might just do what mom said and tell him to translate this..%&$·"%$·%&$%!!!!! I felt like crap but this week I did my best and i happened to read something in the Liahona this month. Remember the talk by Carl something about Looking up. Well I read a story about how he was in Germany in the Language Training Center and how he was struggling with German. Everyone in his class was ahead of him and it was really hard on him. well he decided to pray in a broom closet. He said in his prayer the lord answered. I didn´t call you to be a master of the language, I just asked you to serve with all your heart mind and strength. And Carl said...I can do that. When I read that there was this ray of hope. I was like hey I can do that too! Yes I am behind in Spanish, but if i just serve with all my heart mind and strength all will be well.

I had a lot of cool experiences this week. We were contacting and we came to this house with a little woman. We said hey can we sing you a hymn and share a message with you. We sang Cuando hay Amor...or Love at Home. well during this song I was suddenly hit with the spirit and I looked up and this lady was crying. I was like ooo no...she has home problems. Her daughter came out and was holding her. When we finished the song my companion gave her some comforting words and a message of hope and the Lady told us that we have to come back. And then when it was time to give the closing prayer she asked me to do it. I was like o dear what do i say. I gave a quick personal prayer and said please let it help her. well I started praying for her and I know I was speaking but it was not me...it was the spirit. Because I was using words I didn´t know before. I almost started crying for her because I just really wanted her to be happy and I knew that Heavenly father could help her. Well after we had left my companion told me. Hermana Jackson you said everything in your prayer that I was saying in my personal prayer. Word for Word. I was like QUE RARO! How odd huh! But cool. I am excited to see her again. Also my main man Samudio came to church and we are putting a baptism fecha! Whoop Whoop! I hope I don´t get changed.

This week we had interviews with President Ward and Hermana Ward. They went really well. Hermana Ward wasn´t happy about the bishop thing. But President Ward made me feel better about the Spanish thing. He said Hermana Jackson you´ve had a rough start. You had two horrible Companions, stomach problems and you kinda know Spanish, but you are still here...you are sticking it out. He said maybe your purpose here is to help you in someway. The Lord wants to help you strengthen your weaknesses. Then he asked about my reasons for coming on the mission. And I ´ll share it with you all.I don´t know if i ever told you guys why I chose to go on a mission. My first reason was to fix me. I wanted to be a happy, spiritual, confident, and loving person. I had a lot of problems and I wanted the mission in someway to change me and fix me into a better person. I wanted to be as good as my siblings and I wanted to feel like I belonged in my family. My second reason was that I have a powerful testimony of The Atonement and Repentance and I know that through Jesus Christ we can be saved from the darkness. And I know that this gospel can save others like it saved me.

I hope everyone is doing well and keeping warm. You can take some of the heat here. Love you guys and miss you..but not enough to come home!

Peace and Blessings yall!




--
Hermana Channing Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment