Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Coloradito es mi otro nombre!‏

Well the world didn´t end. Alot of people were freaking out and doing some last minute repenting. Cracks me up.

Well this New years consisted of a ton of Fireworks, drinking, partying, and craziness. So we didn´t really do much on the day before new years, and the day of new years. Because on the day of new years everyone was on hangovers and sleeping on the side walks. I wanted to throw some Word of Wisdom in their faces. But alas I did not. Gross.

Well sounds like everything at home is going great. Receptions, everybody throwing up, and the lake! And Colton has some walking foot problem. Would collapse in the middle of the street or something like that. Poor Man well tell him I say Hi.

Brett, your Spanish is fan freaking tastic. I understood all of it. Whoa. You do things differently that's because you're all kinds of advanced than me and you're in a different country. Panamanians have a weird way of speaking. My Guatemalan companion says it is really different here too.

I had a meeting with the Bishop yesterday and he told me my Spanish is bad and that it's sad I almost have 6 months in the mission and can't speak right. Needless to say I started crying. And he made me read a verse in the Book of Mormon 4 times until I could get it right. I seriously felt like crap. But its ok. I know eventually I will be able to get it. Faith, practice, studying, and confidence. So I am glad that you have it down. That's awesome. I just can't let these people get me frustrated because that is of the devil. I just wish there were people more patient. Including me. Wish I could have talked to you. Next Christmas!

Before New Years day we had service and this service was awesome. Making TAMALES! Holy crap! It was long and hard but the end of it was soooo sweet.....in my mouth! Cutting up peppers, onions, garlic and other spices. Cooking different types of meats and adding flavors to that. Then came the corn! They use old corn here because the Tamales are better that way. So we cut the corn then we ground it up into this mesh. Then we had to take these giant banana leaves and clean them. We put the corn mesh on the banana leaf, added the meats and other stuff and then wrapped it up in the leaves and tied it with strings. It was sooo coool. Lots of videos and pictures. We also did rice and this dulce pan. It is like a fruit cake. I wrote down the recipe because it was sooo good. I had a lot of fun and hey I learned something. Even though I was the gringo who didn´t do it right and they kept correcting me. O well it was a cool experience.

We had a cool experience this week with a girl named Lourda. She is 18 years old and super cool. We found her on Tuesday and met with her on Thursday. She was all alone and we started teaching lesson one on the restoration. We asked her if she had ever thought about why there are some many churches on the earth when Christ established one church, one baptism, etc... She said she had never thought about it, but a boy in her Catholic class did. She said before my first communion there was a boy in my class who asked the Teacher, Why are there so many churches and which one of them is true? The Teacher went on to explain that the church that Christ established is true, but as to which one on the earth today is they don't know. I thought this to be interesting. He didn´t say that the Catholic church is true. So she was always confused about that. Then we started to testify and the spirit was like a powerful craziness and she was soo positive and was accepting everything we were saying. Then her mom came. We were like o no! But the thing is, is that the lesson got better. Her mom dropped in on the conversation and we gave her a watered down version on lesson 1. Then we gave her the pamphlet and I saw her reading the first vision part and she muttered under her breath this is beautiful. I was like whoa! Whoa! Positives! And now we have more appointments and they are coming to church with us! Wooo! It was really cool.

As Brett has said. I really like being a missionary. Once you go on a mission and experience first hand conversion and watching people change their lives you realize how important all this is. And just by studying the plan of Salvation and the gospel is general. We have some serious work to do ahead of is. Just make sure that you and your fellow beings are enduring to the end!

Well I hope you guys have a good week. All is well All is well...There is no end to Zion people! Miss you and love you guys but not enough to come home. Give me a year and I´ll think about it! Peace out peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment